FAQs on Theater Wit
Remy Bumppo’s 2022 Season will be performing at Theater Wit! Here is what you need to know:
What is the address of Theater Wit?
- 1229 W. Belmont Ave.
- The theater is located in the vibrant Lakeview neighborhood, on Belmont between Southport and Racine.
I already resubscribed. What does this mean for my subscription?
- Nothing! Everything will remain the same for our subscribers and patrons, and you can expect all the usual amenities: free ticket exchanges, priority seating, and special events like Lines and Wine.
Will I have my same seats?
- Our goal is to give you the best seats available in the house. We will be performing in intimate, proscenium style theatres that offer many wonderful seats. If you have any accessibility seating needs or have friends you like to seat with, we will do our best to accommodate them.
Are the seats comfortable?
- Theater Wit’s theatres feature plush seats with ample foot room.
- All the stages are proscenium, there are no obstructed views — every seat is the best seat in the house!
What are the amenities of Theater Wit?
- Welcoming lobby
- Well-stocked bar
- Large bathrooms
- Fully-staffed and friendly box office who can assist you with reservation changes or purchasing additional tickets.
How do I get there?
- Theater Wit is located in the Lakeview neighborhood, on Belmont between Racine and Southport on the south side of the street (1229 W. Belmont Ave)
- From Red/Purple/Brown L Belmont Station: Theatre Wit is a three block walk west of the L stop (about 8 min). The street is well lit and busy at all times of night.
- CTA Belmont Bus #77- The #77 Belmont bus stops ½ a block away from the theatre and runs 24/7.
- Theater Wit has $10 parking in their lot across the street. To find the lot, drive through the alley directly opposite of their front door.
- There is also limited non-metered street parking available on Belmont and Lakewood as well as metered. Many of the neighborhood side streets are zoned in the evening, but are available during matinees.
- Most nights there is valet parking immediately next door to Theater Wit, in front of Stage 773 for $12.
- SpotHero offers many parking deals for the area
- The Vic Theatre Parking Garage (3130 N. Sheffield)- $16 for 2-6hrs, Cubs Game Day Parking up to 9 hrs $15
Where can I eat?
- There are many wonderful places to eat in the Belmont corridor.
Does the theater meet accessibility standards?
- Yes, all theatres and bathrooms are located on the first floor of the venue.
- Remy Bumppo will continue to offer our Audio-Described performances and Touch Tours at select performances, and assisted-listening devices will be available for every performance upon request.
- ADA seating is available, please let us know if you’d like accessible seating or have any other requests.
I have more questions! Who can I talk to?
- Our staff is ready and willing to answer any more questions you have. Please call us at 773.244.8119 or email us at email@example.com.